Submit a Film
Hello, Filmmakers! 2016 Film Submissions is now Closed!
Having celebrated our 26th Anniversary last year, the Tampa Bay International Gay, Lesbian & Arts Film Festival wants to thank you for supporting LGBT film and film making in our community. As in years past, TIGLFF is using the services of withoutabox.com for film submissions and this year we are also using Film Freeway.
The mission of Friends of the Festival has never been more clearly focused on the community we serve and bringing the best LGBT cinema to Tampa Bay. In the coming year we are pouring our passion and energy into producing the best LGBT Film Festival possible for an extraordinary 27th edition, with a renewed commitment to the community we serve and the experience of our audience.
Every year much of our favorite work comes from submissions. I sincerely hope you will submit your film to the festival committee and mark your calendar to attend this year’s Film Festival, September 30th – October 8th!
TampaBay International Gay, Lesbian & Arts Film Festival
Film Submission Requirements
- Films should be of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, intersex and/or transgendered people. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) on high resolution files, DCP, BluRay, or DVD.
- We prefer online screeners, otherwise DVD’s (Region 1/North America) will be accepted for preview screening. If you are submitting a DVD, please format in MPEG video using the codec of your choice. Neither QuickTime (.mov) or Microsoft (.avi) files are accepted. Please test consumer burned DVD on various makes and models of players before sending it to our offices.
- DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number).
- If you wish to have your DVD returned for any reason after the festival, please include a self addressed stamped envelope with suitable postage along with your submission. (Friends of the Festival, Inc. will retain preview copies of works selected for the festival for our archives.)
- Each submission should be entered separately on FilmFreeway or withoutabox. If you are submitting more than one entry, please complete a separate entry for each submission.
- Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition copy will be available by August 1, 2015. Please label the screener or DVD “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc). Please be aware that an updated version of your rough cut MAY NOT be able to be re-screened for submission consideration.
- By submitting your work to TIGLFF, you grant to Friends of the Festival, Inc. a nonexclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission tape of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to internet and television broadcast.
- Still photos of your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films selected for the festival. Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still image. If you email stills to us they must be in JPEG format and high resolution (at least 300 dpi).
- You are also encouraged to submit a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film.
- To receive acknowledgment of receipt of your entry if you’re sending a DVD, enclose a self addressed stamped envelope or postcard with your submission.
Tampa Bay International Gay, Lesbian & Arts Film Festival prefers online entries submitted via FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox and Film Freeway’s internet-only submission platforms feature online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use secure online screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools.
Thank you for your interest in TIGLFF and for submitting your film to us! If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Program Director, KJ Mohr at KJ@tiglff.com.