Submit a Film
Hello, Dear Filmmakers:
2017 Film Submissions are now open!
Having celebrated our 27th Anniversary last year, the Tampa Bay International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival wants to thank you for supporting LGBTQ+ film and filmmaking. As in years past, TIGLFF is using the services of FilmFreeway and Withoutabox for film submissions.
The mission of Friends of the Festival has never been more clearly focused on the community we serve and bringing the best LGBTQ+ cinema to Tampa Bay. In the coming year we are pouring our passion and energy into producing the best LGBTQ+ Film Festival possible for an extraordinary 28th edition, with a renewed commitment to the community we serve and the experience of our audience.
Every year much of our favorite work comes from submissions. I sincerely hope you will submit your film to the festival committee and mark your calendar to attend this year’s Festival, October 6th – October 14th!
Director of Programming
Tampa Bay International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
Film Submission Requirements
- Films should be of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, intersex and/or transgendered people. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) on high resolution files, DCP, BluRay, or DVD.
- We prefer online screeners through FilmFreeway, but we also accept submissions through Withoutabox.
- Each submission should be entered separately on FilmFreeway or Withoutabox. If you are submitting more than one entry, please complete a separate entry for each submission.
- Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition copy will be available by August 1, 2017. Please label the screener “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc). Please be aware that an updated version of your rough cut MAY NOT be able to be re-screened for submission consideration.
- By submitting your work to TIGLFF, you grant to Friends of the Festival, Inc. a nonexclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission tape of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to internet and television broadcast.
- Still photos of your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films selected for the festival. Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still image. If you email stills to us they must be in JPEG format and high resolution (at least 300 dpi).
- You are also encouraged to submit a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film.
Thank you for your interest in TIGLFF and for submitting your film to us! If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Director of Programming, KJ Mohr at KJ@tiglff.com.