HELLO FILM MAKERS
As we begin our 32nd year, the Tampa Bay International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival wants to thank you for supporting LGBTQ+ film and filmmaking.
The mission of Friends of the Festival continues to be focused on the community we serve, and to bringing the best LGBTQ+ cinema to the Tampa Bay area. In the coming year as we continue to navigate the ever-changing rules of social distancing, we are working towards producing a hybrid festival for our 32nd edition which will include live screenings in theater venues as well as virtual screenings online this October 1 - 10.
In addition to our October festival, we are also looking for BIPOC-oriented LGBTQ films for our Queer In Color festival in June and trans-oriented films for our Tampa Transgender Film Festival in November.
To help alleviate the financial concerns of artists and filmmakers during this difficult time, TIGLFF is offering free entry for films submitted by the early deadline of April 1st and lower entry fees for the ensuing deadlines.
As in years past, TIGLFF is using the services of FilmFreeway for film submissions.
Every year we discover exciting new work from submissions. I sincerely hope you will submit your film to the festival committee for consideration in our upcoming festival and screening events.
Director of Programming
Tampa Bay International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
TIGLFF IS CELEBRATING 32 YEARS AND WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU, THE FILMMAKERS.
The core of TIGLFF is film as a way to Entertain, Empower and Enlighten the commUNITY. TIGLFF provides many opportunities to screen your films—during the festival, monthly screenings, and even during special events.
FILM SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Films should be of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, intersex and/or transgendered people. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) via private screening links to be submitted through FilmFreeway.
- Each submission should be entered separately on FilmFreeway.
- If you are submitting more than one entry, please complete a separate entry for each submission.
- Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition copy will be available by August 1, 2021. Please label the screener “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc). Please be aware that an updated version of your rough cut MAY NOT be able to be re-screened for submission consideration.
- By submitting your work to TIGLFF, you grant to Friends of the Festival, Inc. a nonexclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to internet and television broadcast.
- Still photos of your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films selected for the festival. Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still image. Please include these with your FilmFreeway submission.
- You are also encouraged to submit a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film.
Thank you for your interest in TIGLFF and for submitting your film to us! If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Director of Programming, Derek Horne at Programmer@tiglff.com.