Volunteer or Become a Board Member
TIGLFF Needs You Today
TIGLFF’s programs would not be possible without the dedicated support of more than 300 volunteers and our Board of Directors. Volunteering for TIGLFF is fun and a great way to connect with the LGBT community and make new friends.
2016 Event Volunteers (Beginning November 2015)
We have plenty of volunteer opportunities – please let us know how you would like to be a part of TIGLFF this year! Ticket takers, ushers, party volunteers, hospitality staff…. you name it, we need it! You’ll receive a free ticket to a film screening for each shift you work, and we have volunteer T-shirts for you as well.
If you have any questions, please contact TIGLFF’s Volunteer Manager, Ty Maxey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.805.7300.
Learn About Becoming A Volunteer
TIGLFF Board of Directors
Role of the Board of Directors
“We will enable our people to deliver strategic processes that provide a positive, memorable and satisfying experience while ensuring continued sustainability and financial strength through the evaluation of data and benchmarking past performance to appropriately set sustainable policy and procedure while ensuring it’s proper implementation.”
Board of Directors Strategy
- Promote Accountable Stewardship
- Building the Brand and Maintaining an Established Identity
- Be Customer Focused
- Maintain Service Excellence
- Strive for Operational Excellence
- Achieve Tangible Outcomes while making an impact
- Focus on Our People and Learning
Board Member Requirements
- Availability to commit to a 2 year term with a proven track record of success within respective career.
- Ability to attend monthly board meetings currently held on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Ability to attend a minimum of one (1) additional organizational event per month (Film Series, Fund-raiser, etc.).
- Ability to attend periodic partner or occasional special events and/or team informed meetings throughout the year (as needed or deemed necessary).
- Ability to attend the annual 9 day festival in October.
- Ability to source sponsorships, affiliate partnerships and/or additional support through leveraging existing networks.
- Capability of making a minimum financial contribution to the organization or sourcing of sponsorships ILO a monetary commitment.
- May be asked to serve on a Committee or take on an additional project to serve the needs of the organization.
- Have a passion for being community inclusive and diversity focused.
- Efficient Time Management Skills, Professional demeanor and Being a Team Player.
- Desire to Make a Difference in the community while promoting TIGLFF’s Mission and Core Values.
- A passion for film and the arts is a strong plus!
TIGLFF is currently seeking qualified individuals to join the TIGLFF team on our Board of Directors. Should you have further questions or feel you meet the above requirements and are interested in a Board of Directors opportunity, please contact TIGLFF Board President, Thom Isbon at email@example.com.